Thursday 29 April 2010

More thinking

So i am really enjoying the fact that people change in front of the lens and behind the brush. I don't just wanna make a less good Cindy Sherman so instead of trying to be a character i wanna try and make something else. My idea is to paint my head a solid colour. See my portraits had been picture then paint. This time its paint then picture. Guess what colours i wanna use, yep good old black and white, i just prefer them colours. I'm hoping in the art work i can make something where i don't appear to be a person, that i represent something else. I'm sure people will draw thoughts of race when i "black up" and even "white up" as it were. An that is fine, im hoping to make something that will bring up more questions than i can think of. I hope people don't even see me in it an that they just see something that unsettles them an makes them think.

No comments:

Post a Comment